C’mon, Get Happy
On occasion, I find that I need a little reminder that getting or being happy is all up to me (or you). And sometimes we find ourselves needing a little boost, or opting for a “fake it, till you make it” attitude to get us back to that happy state of mind. So, today I am proposing that we start “faking” it a little more every day with the following ideas.
- Stand up straight. Look forward, not down. It will increase your flow of energy and gift you a lift.
- Smile. With your face and your voice. A smile helps stimulate many more muscles in your face than a frown.
- Do a random act of kindness. It helps you to see the good in yourself.
- Find time for spiritual moments. 10-20 minutes a day.
- Listen to your favorite song or music.
- Turn off the devices.
- Talk a walk. Moving not only helps your body but also your mind.
- Nurture your friendships. Plan to meet for lunch or make a call.
- Name your blessings. Say out loud three things you are blessed with each day.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
“Happiness must be cultivated. It is like character. It is not a thing to be safely let alone for a moment, or it will run to weeds.” ~ Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
“Happiness is not a state to arrive at – but a manner of traveling.” ~ Margaret Lee Runbeck
until next time…