Since we can’t add any more hours to our day, we are all looking for ways to make the most of those precious 24 hours. Here are a few tips that might give you time for more self-care.
Rise and Shine
- Install a hook on your door and hang your next day’s outfit there each evening.
- Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier. You probably won’t notice a few minutes of sleep when you can start you day with less frenzy.
Control the Clock
- Take a break every 45 minutes if you are sitting for long periods. It will improve your efficiency.
- Pay attention to your energy levels. If you are a morning person, plan your more difficult tasks when you are most alert.
- Enjoy your whole lunch break. Whether you bring your own or go out – take your time.
- Evaluate the source of interruptions during the day, such as constantly checking emails. A good practice is 30-45 minutes at the beginning and/or end of your workday.
- Make a few quick notes before making phone calls so you don’t waste time getting to the point.
- Keep pen and paper handy so you can write down action steps or important notes from you phone calls and voice mail.
- Label files immediately to avoid having to look through them later to identify the contents.
- Regularly purge files and either shred or recycle paper.
Small changes can often lead to large results = more time for what’s really important – YOU!
a hui hou…