Just a few ways to create some happiness for yourself and others…
- Sit down and enjoy a leisurely breakfast (instead of gobbling a few bites over the sink before rushing out the door).
- Indulge in your favorite childhood treat, like an ice cream sandwich.
- Find one “perfect” flower and set it on your desk.
- Send a relative or friend a thank you card – just for being who they are.
- Compliment a co-worker.
- Plan a pedicure date with a girlfriend or your daughter.
- Call your mom (or dad).
- Treat a co-worker or friend to a cup of coffee or tea (and maybe add a snack).
- Make a contribution to your favorite charity.
Here are some great “escapes”:
- Get up an hour earlier to enjoy the calm.
- Leave your desk for lunch.
- Stop at a park for a bit of solitude.
- Tend a garden.
- Go to bed early – at least one night of the week.
Finally, here a few things you don’t have to do:
- Accept every invitation.
- Compete with Mr/Mrs Perfect.
- Try to please everybody.
Remember, whatever you give out will come back to you.
Until next time…