Time for a change?
As we move through spring we see changes occurring in nature all around us, so sometimes that triggers an awareness for the need for internal change. Here are eight simple steps to get you started towards the change you seek.
- follow your bliss…Think about what you like to do in your leisure time, a skill you are good at, a hobby that you may have lost touch with. Be passionate about this new pursuit and don’t give up if you don’t notice change right away.
- dream big…If you want to be an artist, for example, visualize yourself and your work in your favorite art gallery. This can inspire you to come up with a plan that excites you and in which you will be more successful.
- list concerns and barriers…Write down all the things that you foresee being obstacles. Once on paper you can see where to start removing them.
- act your way into your next life…Every day take a few minutes to pretend to be that successful and fulfilled person. Practice makes permanent!
- give yourself the OK to be a little selfish…Find ways of self-care that won’t make you feel the least bit guilty. Everyone needs that time and space to focus on both physical and spiritual needs.
- align yourself with the right people…Discuss your goals and dreams only with those family and close friends who will offer encouragement. Also, find people who are doing what you would like to do and ask how they got started.
- ask yourself, “If not now, when?”…Once you take the first few steps you start to build momentum and you will start seeing changes.
I am grateful that I have family and friends who have encouraged and supported me along the journey to where I am today.
until next time…