You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup
You may have noticed my absence over the last few weeks but I found myself needing to take time to refill my cup. To do some self-care so that I could find replenishment and renewal. So here are some tips that I used to refill my cup over the last few weeks:
- Get enough sleep. Find a relaxation technique that works for you to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Maintain proper nutrition. Avoid falling into the fast-food trap.
- Exercise regularly. If you don’t have a routine, start with small steps like stretching in the morning when you get out of bed and short walks during the day.
- Maintain social support. Friends can pick you up when you’re sad, provide insights when you’re confused, and help you have fun when you need to blow off steam.
- Find hobbies. Drawing and gardening are great stress relievers.
- Pamper yourself. A good massage can work wonders!
- Keep your mind sharp. Learning new things can create new energy.
- Have the right attitude. Try looking at things in a new optimistic way.
- Process your emotions. Journaling is a great way to work through your feelings.
- Maintain a spiritual practice. Meditation is a place to start.
I hope you find ways to refill your cup and share with others. I will be slowing down for the holidays.
until next time…